somebody stop me

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: somebody stop me

Post by JR. »

What is a tl431, and what does it do? :lol:

I have thought about redesigning the simple solar lamp (just for chuckles), but their dedicated IC already works pretty damn good... a few minor tweaks like more solar panel area, and higher capacity battery is probably as good as ever needed (probably about $0.10 to $0.20 adder in production volume). A different value inductor is a wash to the BOM.

Somebody could sell a premium version for almost no BOM cost increase.
===
97' in the shade... I decided to switch my heat pump over to "dry" mode to see if it still makes my house too cold... :lol:

So far rather comfortable and I think I see the humidity dropping, so maybe that's the trick, only use "Dry mode" when outside is in the high 90s.. and MS normal humidity. 8-)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
JR.

Re: somebody stop me

Post by JR. »

Franken-lamp II was still shining at around 6am this morning while Frank I was already dark... Frank I has two visibly different looking solar panels so may have slightly different output. Or the two lamps get different light early in the morning when sun is at such a low angle. The internal control chip senses solar panel voltage to turn on/off. Tonight will be a better test, but it appears the stock inductor did not deplete the battery, of course summer nights are not as long as winter nights.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.