Entropy

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: Entropy

Post by JR. »

I actually poured water on it this morning to not bother the workers up on my roof today with smoke, but It didn't go completely out.

I was finally able to budge the big piece and moved it around closer to the trunk roots. Tomorrow I may put it inside the trunk hole.
DSCF0009.JPG
I'm burning up some scrap wood left over from my roofing job.

good progress

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

good progress
I was just about to say the same thing.
And this is a lot more fun than watching my capacitor not discharge.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:24 pm
good progress
I was just about to say the same thing.
And this is a lot more fun than watching my capacitor not discharge.
I enjoyed watching my new roof go on.... finished yesterday afternoon.
DSCF0007.JPG
Much cooler than the black asphalt shingles, and no mo leaks. That roof will easily outlive me... :lol:

JR
JR.

Post by JR. »

DSCF0014.JPG
What's left of the tree is now on top of the roots... expect less of both.

JR
mediatechnology

Maybe throw in a baked potato?
Great progress.

I'm getting inspired to do some cooking in the Dutch Oven once fall arrives.
My Dad taught me how to do pineapple upside down cake and its been awhile since I made one.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:20 pm Maybe throw in a baked potato?
about a week and a half ago I shot my third squirrel (they eat my pecans). I was burning limbs over on my regular burn pile them so I put the squirrel on the fire... a lot cleaner disposal than the first two squirrels I killed that really stunk up my garbage after only a few days.
Great progress.
It will slow down from here...I am already grabbing dead tree limbs from my neighbor's pile to burn, but that's a win-win for both of us.
I'm getting inspired to do some cooking in the Dutch Oven once fall arrives.
My Dad taught me how to do pineapple upside down cake and its been awhile since I made one.
Just do it.

I am thinking of buying a paving stone to use as a pizza stone to hold heat in my oven... My pizza already rocks, but a heavy pizza stone could make it betta. :lol:

JR
mediatechnology

about a week and a half ago I shot my third squirrel (they eat my pecans). I was burning limbs over on my regular burn pile them so I put the squirrel on the fire... a lot cleaner disposal than the first two squirrels I killed that really stunk up my garbage after only a few days.
Well I wasn't going to bring up the huge dead Racoon that wound up in my neighbors yard Friday. But after the squirrel story...

This guy was huge so whatever bit him on the butt must have been bigger either a large dog or Coyote.
If you call Dallas 311 for a dead animal pickup its usually within a few hours but the "service guarantee" is 3 days.
It was close to 100 F.

Fortunately our trash pickup had been late that day so given the choice of slow-roasting this guy on the curb or putting him the trash I leaned towards trash.
Our Friday pickup came Saturday morning.
Fortunately he was in my neighbors roll cart and not mine.

I'm physically about 5 miles from downtown Dallas but culturally and "geographically" we're in the country about 50 miles outta town.
We have lots of wild critters.
Folks in North Dallas are shocked when they come here and see how different it is from their flat treeless, concrete plain.
Gold

Post by Gold »

We are getting our new puppy Hank (Williams) on Thursday. My GF in flying down and back to Greensboro NC to get him. The best Rat Terriers come from the Southern Appalachians. They are used for squirrel hunting and feist competitions. The UKC has feist treeing competitions. I looked at breeders in the north east but the dogs just didn't look as good. There is a breeder north west of the Adirondacks near Fort Drum but I just couldn't do it. His mother is one of the finest Rat Terriers I've seen. His father is no slouch either.
mediatechnology

Send us pics of the new family member.
JR.

Post by JR. »

about time to stick a fork in this... I still have some major roots to deal with.
DSCF0022.JPG
JR