Hartley Peavy Article in EE Web

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Hartley Peavy Article in EE Web

Post by mediatechnology »

Hartley Peavy Article in EE Web...
I guess I'm just an old rebel, but the best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't do it.
http://issuu.com/eeweb/docs/volume_104_ ... 11/3736309
JR.

Re: Hartley Peavy Article in EE Web

Post by JR. »

Hartley actually has a long go-to list of his favorite old aphorisms. We used to number them to amuse ourselves in meetings as he would fall into old number 3 (A bumble bee doesn't know it can't fly) or old number 5 (Don't change the recipe when you're already making good biscuits). Etc etc ad nauseum. Being told you can't do it was number one or two.

Funny I decided to pursue electronic drum tuning, after a drummer friend of mine who worked at Peavey was told by a senior peavey transducer engineer that it couldn't be done.. :oops: :oops: So my number one aphorism.

That story is a regurgitation of old self promotional puff pieces, with a few updates to pitch recent products. I could provide a full list of the dubious statements within but to do that I would have to read the whole thing. :lol:

He deserves credit for all that he accomplished, no need to gild the lilly. I recall slowly becoming aware of the difference between Peavey the "story" and the reality after i started working there full time back in the mid '80s.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.