A Collection of Band Names and Song Title Suggestions.

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: "F**king Historical" - Watch Banksy Painting Self-Destruct At Sotheby's Auction

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:10 pm https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10- ... ys-auction

I've got a great idea for guitars....

Play a smoking hot lead, set the guitar back on the stand or lay it on stage in a "drop the mic moment" and then have it catch on fire.

Players have smashed guitars but how many have had them "spontaneously combust?"
Jimi did light his on fire at Monterrey but he used lighter fluid and lit it.... He has been copied multiple times since.

I suspect there are pyro effects built into them that don't trash the guitar.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Re: A Collection of Band Names and Song Title Suggestions.

Post by mediatechnology »

My wife and I harvested our habanera peppers this weekend and cut some up, and de-seeded them to freeze.
Didn't wear gloves and washed hands multiple times.
It burned for a few hours.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:35 am My wife and I harvested our habanera peppers this weekend and cut some up, and de-seeded them to freeze.
Didn't wear gloves and washed hands multiple times.
It burned for a few hours.
An old trick with hot peppers is to use cooking oil to unbind the capsaicin from the skin... most effective if you oil up first, of course it gets a little difficult to use sharp knives carefully with oiled up fingers.

I tend to leave the seeds in hot peppers, but I am still learning with home grown habanera. What color were yours? Mine are still green and probably milder than if left to fully ripen, but I planted late in the season.

JR
mediatechnology

Jimi did light his on fire at Monterrey but he used lighter fluid and lit it.... He has been copied multiple times since.

I suspect there are pyro effects built into them that don't trash the guitar.
OK I remember the lighter fluid now.

I think "Banskying" the guitar is now essential to increasing its value.
"It was his last performance on that instrument...
This is the hole that burnt right after he set it down onstage."

I have a friend that does pyro for NBC Universal.
I'll ask if he's done it before.
What color were yours? Mine are still green and probably milder than if left to fully ripen, but I planted late in the season.
We harvested ours green except for maybe 3-4 experimental red ones.
I'll shoot a pic of the few we still have on the plant.
Ours were about golf-ball size.

We're still getting Okra as well.
JR.

Post by JR. »

DSCF0055.JPG
Today's local heat (hickory habanera).

I will use this in a beef butt roast I am cooking overnight. I usually add chili powder and other spices.

Still a half dozen small peppers on the plants but its already Oct, so may not make it to full maturity.

JR

[edit] as i've shared before I generally do not remove seeds and white membrane where most capsaicin resides inside hot peppers, but last night while cutting up my vegetables, my nose started running just from the smell of the habanera.... :o This scared me a little, so I discarded the seeds and membrane. :lol: I'll know more later about how hot these are. [/edit]
mediatechnology

Pepper Pictures

Two different species. Not sure about the first but its medium-hot and great for seasoning green, red, or dried.

The second was labeled as a poblano pepper but they sure didn't grow up to be poblanos. They're late-season so a little small about golf ball-sized or less. We harvested most green but I let these mature as ornamentals.

JR.

Post by JR. »

Nice... I'm getting excited with anticipation of using my habanera on Pizza next weekend... Friday is my birthday (better than the alternative), and i plan to use what I can harvest on some Pizza. Actually I have about a half dozen including small ones so may not use them all. My biggest pepper plant is already dropping leaves, but still supporting several peppers.

I am having a little trouble getting a handle on how strong my habanera are... I used one decent sized (decent for my late planting), in my chopped up vegetables for dinner that I cook once a week. Again the fumes from just cutting up this one habanera caused my nose to start running and I had to cover the container with vegetables while I was cutting more... Since this one pepper was spread across 8 servings, I didn't expect too much heat, but more than I eventually got...

The way I slow cook everything for several hours at low heat the capsaicin gets spread throughout the dish... I like the distinctive fruitiness of the habanera, but expected more heat. I suspect as a topping on my pizza the heat will be more concentrated and more apparent :oops:

All the poblano I've ever seen in stores were green (or dried.. ancho, actually the dried ones look a little reddish). I bet they taste as good as they look.

JR

PS: The main problem with getting old is it doesn't just stop there, but we keep getting even older... My only surprise is that I lived this long.. :lol:
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

My collection of band names:

http://www.muzique.com/band.htm

Enjoy,

Jack
mediatechnology

:lol:
The Dotards
I had to stop (for now) at the first one because I can't stop laughing. Priceless. Thank you.
mediatechnology

"Boris and the Colluders" :lol: