Velleman VM201 Ethernet/Relay Card

A place for software, hardware and DSP-based audio gizmos. All things code and the hardware that runs it. Time and amplitude are described in bits and pieces here. Links to interesting gizmos and software.
mediatechnology

Velleman VM201 Ethernet/Relay Card

Post by mediatechnology »

All things code and the hardware that runs it.

The Velleman K8042 power supply I recently built came with a brochure that described the really cool Vellleman VM201 Ethernet/Relay interface: https://www.vellemanusa.com/products/view/?id=526331
VM201 Datasheet: https://www.vellemanusa.com/downloads/0 ... 201-uk.pdf
The card simply connects to your (wireless) router by means of a standard network cable.
You can operate the 8 relays or check the status of the input from anywhere in world.
The card is web server based, so almost any internet browser can connect to the card, even mobile devices. No additional software installation required.
The unit has numerous extra features such as reports by email at power up or input status change, programmable timers for each output, labeling of outputs etc…
Velleman VM201 Ethernet Relay Interface

You can control the VM201 with your SmartPhone.

emrr

Re: Velleman VM201 Ethernet/Relay Card

Post by emrr »

cool
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

Kool

That reminds me of a Peavey Midi accessory we did back in the early 90s. One of the rack mount midi products (midi manager?) could send out an 8 bit parallel word in response to a midi program change.

I sold a relay box with 8 TRS 1/4" jacks. Each digital line controlled a SPDT relay so you could generate NO, NC, or route one signal between two destinations using midi, from each of the 8 TRS jacks.

Back in the day I used this with a SMPTE to midi controller that could generate midi program changes coordinated with SMPTE time cues, to low- tech automate studio patches, guitar efx, whatever. Again products that were way too cool for the room for many Peavey dealers. If course it could be driven from any 8 Bit parallel logic port (5V back in those days).

This was back when I made a 4T cassette deck that could be sync'd to SMPTE time code for making music mixes locked to video. The cassette format was lo-fi (dolby C) but OK for demos using VHS and Cassette (the 4T cassette burned one track for the SMPTE so only 3T for music.).

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Velleman have a similar USB board as well.
You can control the relays by USB in groups or individually or you can use the USB to program the front panel buttons then remove the USB.

The GPIO MIDI controller does sound cool.