Pico se probelm

Construction information for DIY projects, including the MS Mid Side Matrix, Elliptic Equalizer, Mastering Console, Phono Transfer System, Insert Switcher and the Dual Class-A Amplifier. You can post your baby pictures here.
skal1

Pico se probelm

Post by skal1 »

Ok , i finally got around to build this project and i have run into a few problems, the first issue, is that the green led's don't light up, on power on , their is no signal or mode switch connected

cheers

skal
mediatechnology

Re: Pico se probelm

Post by mediatechnology »

The green LEDs I think you are referring to are part of the non linear capacitor (NLC) and may or may not illuminate without a mode switch connected.
They serve as clamp diodes.
You have a lot more hookup to do before you need to be concerned about them.
skal1

Post by skal1 »

ok cheers.

so i fire it up and their was no smoke , good sign.

so all pots are connected and BAR LED'S connected to B+, meter lights up and stays on, when i attach a wire from the in of meter board to the out of main pico board, bar led's go out .

should this happen , when gain,threshold and ratio are moved their is no indication on the bar leds, is this normal.

As you can probably work out , i have no schem to look at so the letters on the board have no meaning .

cheers

den
skal1

Post by skal1 »

ok , got the Rms and the Peak circuit working now , but the non linear capacitor (NLC) circuit is not working the green LEDs are not illuminating , when i connect RC to A on the pico se board.

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Den