Redco Audio Wire and Cable

Construction information for DIY projects, including the MS Mid Side Matrix, Elliptic Equalizer, Mastering Console, Phono Transfer System, Insert Switcher and the Dual Class-A Amplifier. You can post your baby pictures here.
mediatechnology

Redco Audio Wire and Cable

Post by mediatechnology »

I just placed an order with Redco who had some hard-to-find miniature 4 conductor plus shield Mogami W2929. Sold by the foot too. Yeah!

Redco Audio: https://www.redco.com

They have a nice inventory of installation items including wire, cable, connectors, panels, tooling and test equipment.

Redco also stock the 0.1" OD Mogami W2944 console cable. I've been using GAC-2/F for internal wiring and its a little big.
emrr

Re: Redco Audio Wire and Cable

Post by emrr »

They are currently on my shit list for failing to deliver 2 custom connector panels 9 months after pricing them and taking my CC. Occasionally they make promises when bothered, usually they don't respond.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
Gold

Post by Gold »

I like those guys but sometimes they can be a little lazy. I know I've had three or four day delays in shipping for in stock parts before. I use Markertek for a lot of that kind of stuff because they they are larger, about the same distance form me and have the shipping down.

I love that Mogami console cable. Now it's available in the resistor color code colors. I think I'm going to order 100ft of each color when I need more in box cable.

I had a bunch of Mogami 2pr I pulled when I installed my console. I had it laying around for a long time before I made a bunch of utility cables and adapters. From the rest I stripped the outer jacket and am using the individual pairs for in box wiring. It's thicker than the console cable so I only use it on things that don't have a ton of wiring needed.
mediatechnology

I'm waiting for my order to be delivered today. They shipped pretty quickly.

Its odd that they won't respond to you Doug. That's always a red flag.
mediatechnology

I got the Mogami shipment from Redco. I had looked at MarkerTek but I recall they didn't stock the W2929 or it wasn't available by the foot.

The W2929 was 85 cents/foot but for wiring front panel pots to PC boards I don't need much for each project.

Mogami W2929 4 conductor shielded cable is ideal for wiring floating pots where all three wires require an overall shield.
emrr

Post by emrr »

Yep. I ordered one of three panels from the, got it in about 2 months. Ordered the final two later, they'd not kept the design even though I'd told them there were more coming, and I've got nothing.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
Gold

Post by Gold »

Dave is the head honcho there and I think Chris is the panel guy. I've always found them to be nice and helpful if not totally on top of it. Did they give you the bird?