Switch support/bezel - have you ever seen this part?

Where we discuss new analog design ideas for Pro Audio and modern spins on vintage ones.
mediatechnology

Re: Switch support/bezel - have you ever seen this part?

Post by mediatechnology »

If Helios had a custom order, had seen those on a Nagra and decided to order them as parts from Nagra I seriously doubt the Nagra parts department would have even questioned sending 20 out other than the fact they'd probably never sold any as replacement parts. And if they cost $10 each and it was a custom job to satisfy a special request they certainly could have added the $10 cost or added $50 to provide profit and the customer not even question it. The fact that one is in the UK and the other on the continent seems irrelevant after the invention of the telephone. Just because the recorder cost $15,000 doesn't mean the switch guard was unaffordable particularly for a Stones Mobile Unit custom.

Other than an EPROM or software update I've never been asked by a parts department for a serial number other than when it was needed to supply the correct part. I scored some nice dual transistors from Crown and Otari that way, some NE5534T from Pacific Recorders and some hard-to find SSM from somebody.

This product is perfect for someone like CE Distribution to supply. They have a lot of unique stuff and this particular product is a good fit for audio-centrics like ourselves. I would use it for power, phantom and ground lift for sure.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

I found something similar to this: https://groupdiy.com/threads/looking-fo ... st-1122795
See also: https://www.sunmulon.co.jp/english/d_lo ... f_e/ph.pdf

Though not exactly what you're looking for I think this pushbutton switch guard, though not dimpled and fully-recessed, would protect a short-bat toggle from accidental switching and/or breakage.

The internal threads of the "inch" version are 1/4-40 the same as a miniature toggle. What is unknown is would it allow enough travel of the switch handle. You may not find it suitable but other people looking for this might.

Whoops

Post by Whoops »

Whoops

Post by Whoops »

JR. wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:06 am A small machine shop could make these but not inexpensively.
Yes I know mate,
but as I wrote previously here:

"but for now it's too early to think about this
I'm still trying to find a source or more information on this part, and that's the goal here.
It's a Quest and Detective work at the moment."

"For now I'm just looking for more info on this switch Bezel/support and trying to find a source or the original manufacturer, I'm not in an hurry.
If some time from now I don't find a source, I will think about other options then."

Thank you so much mate, let's see what the future brings