California's new water

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
AnalogJoe

California's new water

Post by AnalogJoe »

And to think that when people in the US used to visit the third world they used to warn others: "Don't drink the tap water". Well, back at ya.

California’s ‘toilet-to-tap’ approved — treated sewage coming back into homes

Edit: Ooops, feel free to move this thread to where it belongs.
Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi, fidem servavi.
mediatechnology

Re: California's new water

Post by mediatechnology »

Moved to the Peabody Lounge.

And yet another reason not to visit California.
JR.

Post by JR. »

My brother is in the process of moving from CA to NC. He bought a house to tear down that is bigger/better than mine. :lol:

He didn't leave because of the water, but had multiple reasons. His only reason for staying was his wife's job. She is retiring and they are now exiting lala land.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
AnalogJoe

Post by AnalogJoe »

JR. wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:25 am My brother is in the process of moving from CA to NC. He bought a house to tear down that is bigger/better than mine. :lol:

He didn't leave because of the water, but had multiple reasons. His only reason for staying was his wife's job. She is retiring and they are now exiting lala land.

JR
Sounds like a smart move...
JR.

Post by JR. »

AnalogJoe wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:46 pm
JR. wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:25 am My brother is in the process of moving from CA to NC. He bought a house to tear down that is bigger/better than mine. :lol:

JR
Yup, I am surprised he lasted this long. He was consulting to the power generation industry so could live anywhere in the country, but his wife had a good job in CA (happy wife happy life).

He is/was a car guy and CA automobile regulations diminished what he could do with his own cars. He ended up selling one hopped up BMW race car to someone in another state because CA made his go-fast modifications illegal.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
AnalogJoe

Post by AnalogJoe »

JR. wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:25 pm
AnalogJoe wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:46 pm

JR
Yup, I am surprised he lasted this long. He was consulting to the power generation industry so could live anywhere in the country, but his wife had a good job in CA (happy wife happy life).

He is/was a car guy and CA automobile regulations diminished what he could do with his own cars. He ended up selling one hopped up BMW race car to someone in another state because CA made his go-fast modifications illegal.

JR
I've been following the news, and it appears to me that California, along with other so-called blue states, are becoming a dim reflection of what they used to be not too long ago....