Mask-Wearing: This Is Our Life Now (Or is It?)

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Re: Mask-Wearing: This Is Our Life Now (Or is It?)

Post by mediatechnology »

The cost for a U-Haul from LA to DFW is 4 times the rate for DFW to LA.
It makes me wonder if they're having to pay drivers to dead-head trucks from DFW to LA.

There is a 3 week waiting list for a U-Haul leaving Illinois.
mediatechnology

Texas Governor Abbott Asks For AG Ruling on My PIA Request

mediatechnology wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:37 pm
Public Information Act Request:

publicrecords@gov.texas.gov

In regard to "Executive Order No. GA-29 relating to the use of face coverings during the
COVID-19 disaster" Governor Abbott writes:

> "WHEREAS, I have joined the medical experts in consistently encouraging people to use
> face coverings, and health authorities have repeatedly emphasized that wearing face
> coverings is one of the most important and effective tools for reducing the spread of
> COVID-19."

> "WHEREAS, wearing a face covering is important not only to protect oneself, but also to
> avoid unknowingly harming fellow Texans, especially given that many people who go
> into public may have COVID-19 without knowing it because they have no symptoms."

Please provide all documents, written communication, notes, phone transcripts and sound recordings with "medical experts" and "health authorities" including, but not limited to, peer-reviewed scientific papers used to justify the above-referenced statements supporting Executive Order GA-29 dated July 2, 2020.

Requestor:

Wayne Kirkwood
(Address and phone number redacted)
Governor Abbott will probably send me a link to Snopes...
Just received a response from Governor Abbott's office regarding the Public Information Act request...

In part:
Justin Gordon
Open Records Division
Office of the Attorney General
P.O. Box 1254$
Austin, Texas 78711-2548
Re: Open Records Letter Ruling Request
OOG ID Nos: 37 1-20 and 3 75-20

Dear Mr. Gordon:
On July 2, 2020, the Office of the Governor (the “OOG”) received a request under the Public
Information Act (the “PIA”) from Mr. Tres Sartin.’ On July 6, 2020, the OOG received an
additional request under the PIA from Mr. Wayne Kirkwood. Copies of the requests are attached
as Exhibit A. Pursuant to section 552.30 1(a), the OOG requests a decision from your office on
whether certain responsive information is excepted from disclosure under the PIA. Our office
submits this brief in accordance with sections 552.301(b) and 552.30 1(e).
Governor Abbot has asked the Attorney General to rule on my and Mr. Sartin's requests.

I'll submit the rest of the response after I review it...
mediatechnology

Georgia governor bans mask mandates

Georgia governor bans local mask mandates
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp ordered local governments on Wednesday to roll back their mask mandates, even as the number of coronavirus infections jumps in his state.

The Republican argued that a mask mandate for city residents is a "bridge too far" in policing public health measures. He said they should be recommended, not required.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... k-mandates
mediatechnology

Face Masks Made By Chinese Slaves

China Is Using Uighur Labor to Produce Face Masks
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to drive demand for personal protective equipment, Chinese companies are rushing to manufacture the gear for domestic and global consumption. A New York Times visual investigation has found that some of those companies are using Uighur labor through a contentious government-sponsored program that experts say often puts people to work against their will.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/19/worl ... labor.html
JR.

Re: Face Masks Made By Chinese Slaves

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:20 pm China Is Using Uighur Labor to Produce Face Masks
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to drive demand for personal protective equipment, Chinese companies are rushing to manufacture the gear for domestic and global consumption. A New York Times visual investigation has found that some of those companies are using Uighur labor through a contentious government-sponsored program that experts say often puts people to work against their will.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/19/worl ... labor.html
That is far from the worst thing they are doing to Uighurs...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Organ harvesting while they're still alive has got to be the worst...
mediatechnology

Mask Psychosis

This article is about social distancing but one of the comments echos what I see in a large city. It explains why I now shop in the next county, in a small town. About 30% of adult females in the US are on psychotropic medications. This woman must surely be one of them...

Watch: Screeching Woman With Tape Measure Lectures Others For Not Social-Distancing
A video clip posted to TikTok shows a woman holding a tape measure screeching hysterically as she appears to be upset with beachgoers for not adhering to proper social distancing. The woman screams something unintelligible before shouting “Fuck you! Get out of here!” at other people who appear to have gathered near a lake or a beach. The protagonist is wildly flailing around a tape measure she is holding as a man tries to restrain her.

“It’s people like you that are ruining it for all of us!” she yells.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/wat ... distancing
Video: https://twitter.com/i/status/1285281360521748480

And the comment posted by wolfpup:
A friend is a phlebotomist. Now he has a mobile lab, traveling to your home to get lab work for your physician. Not re covid1984, just general lab work for those reluctant to hit a medical center now.

He was working last week, midday he ran into a convenience store to grab some craptasm of gut pain for his lunch on the fly. He’s dressed in scrubs, gloves (which he’d removed before exiting his SUV), and a mask. FYI it’s now “illegal” here to be outside without one strapped to your empty head. So he’s got his burrito or something and is walking to check out, alone, 2pm, down an aisle. This blonde chick is standing at the other end of the aisle, watching him. He removes one ear loop from an ear and for a moment allows the hated, hot, damp, toxic thing to dangle askance, somewhat angled across his face. This Karen starts sprinting at him. He’s a small framed, thin Hispanic American, mid-30s, in great health. She flies right into his face, pauses, and whisper-shrieks, “YOU’RE A “EFFING” (using the appropriate term) MURDERER!!!” and just keeps racing past him, now turned and rushing backward, facing him as she skittered and hissed her way out the store door like a fart on a skillet. He strung his mask back on and paid for his lunch and left, but got side eye stares from the cashier who was also rabidly BENT. Just so angry.

He told us he’d have liked to smack that witch into next week even before she opened her cake hole and began hissing steam. He told us the city has in the past week to two changed, big time; that it’s become fugly out there. Said stay up here in this beauty. You won’t be welcomed, and you won’t like the feel now. There’s a real panicky rage factor happening. I’d said, “Wait. ?!? You’re in scrubs! You’re one of “Ar Herows!”?? He said oh yeah that lasted a short while. Now? Everyone’s gone over the hedge, again, and this time it’s all You’re infected!! You’re a Death Bringer! Stay away!! Get BACK OR I’LL...”

Fun times.
Thanks, Globalist scumbastards, I’m sure you’re getting the giggles about right now.
Hey it’s in 2 places, connected pretty much: Vancouver, Washington and Portland, Oregon, but this incident happened in Vancouver.

Edited to add: he was talking about both, in the general chat we had, as he’s back and forth between them each day and is very much out and about, besides dealing with people in their homes. He keeps his feelings to himself, but there’s a lot of hatred. Or rather heightened anger floating around. Or lol he’d said it’s like people are coming unglued, they sense no one in power here wants things to stop, they want them to grow further; rioting, etc. that’s the sense he has.

No surprise there. Just up-ticked to .gov terrorized panicky rage stage. With the knowledge it’s a-ok.
He’s a real decent guy. Intelligent, self starter and proud to be American, but that’s not something he shares anymore, even when someone seems to agree. And he really was affected. He’s not a blubbery type. At all, but he almost got a bit soppy when speaking of his 7 and 10 yr old kids and that although he’d told them not to (perfect way to get kids to do something) watch tv Nooz while he’s gone (mom died 2 years ago of cancer), he’d come home to them reciting crap they’d confessed to have watched on - CNN. He said, “Where are you getting this crap?! It’s lies! That is not what’s happening!..”
He’s downbeat, tired, frustrated and feeling the Portland area malaise. People are waiting for something to occur between the feds and the city state of Portland.
For the last couple of months I've been looking to leave the childhood home I grew up in and move 100-150 miles out.
Our road trips looking for remote homes lead us to places where people still act normal.
The lock-downs, masks, Covid-19, riots, looting and BLM hysteria have driven people in the city insane.
Don't buy into the bullshit or you will become one of them.
mediatechnology

Masks and Respirators do NOT Prevent Transmission of Viruses

"The Science is Conclusive: Masks and Respirators do NOT Prevent Transmission of Viruses," Dr. Denis G Rancourt, PhD

https://www.sott.net/article/434796-The ... of-Viruses

Cached: https://proaudiodesignforum.com/images/ ... iruses.pdf
Masks and respirators do not work. There have been extensive randomized controlled trial (RCT) studies, and meta-analysis reviews of RCT studies, which all show that masks and respirators do not work to prevent respiratory influenza-like illnesses, or respiratory illnesses believed to be transmitted by droplets and aerosol particles.

By making mask-wearing recommendations and policies for the general public, or by expressly condoning the practice, governments have both ignored the scientific evidence and done the opposite of following the precautionary principle.

In an absence of knowledge, governments should not make policies that have a hypothetical potential to cause harm. The government has an onus barrier before it instigates a broad social-engineering intervention, or allows corporations to exploit fear-based sentiments.

Furthermore, individuals should know that there is no known benefit arising from wearing a mask in a viral respiratory illness epidemic, and that scientific studies have shown that any benefit must be residually small, compared to other and determinative factors.

https://www.sott.net/article/434796-The ... of-Viruses
There are 22 citations in this article to support Dr. Rancourt's claims...

See also: "Mask Facts," American Association of Physicians and Surgeons https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

Cached: https://proaudiodesignforum.com/images/ ... rgeons.pdf
mediatechnology

Effects of surgical and FFP2/N95 face masks on cardiopulmonary exercise capacity

Effects of surgical and FFP2/N95 face masks on cardiopulmonary exercise capacity

Article: https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 20-01704-y
Cached pdf: https://proaudiodesignforum.com/images/ ... pacity.pdf
Results
The pulmonary function parameters were significantly lower with mask (forced expiratory volume: 5.6 ± 1.0 vs 5.3 ± 0.8 vs 6.1 ± 1.0 l/s with sm, ffpm and nm, respectively; p = 0.001; peak expiratory flow: 8.7 ± 1.4 vs 7.5 ± 1.1 vs 9.7 ± 1.6 l/s; p < 0.001). The maximum power was 269 ± 45, 263 ± 42 and 277 ± 46 W with sm, ffpm and nm, respectively; p = 0.002; the ventilation was significantly reduced with both face masks (131 ± 28 vs 114 ± 23 vs 99 ± 19 l/m; p < 0.001). Peak blood lactate response was reduced with mask. Cardiac output was similar with and without mask. Participants reported consistent and marked discomfort wearing the masks, especially ffpm.

Conclusion
Ventilation, cardiopulmonary exercise capacity and comfort are reduced by surgical masks and highly impaired by FFP2/N95 face masks in healthy individuals. These data are important for recommendations on wearing face masks at work or during physical exercise.
JR.

Post by JR. »

Yup I notice this just from wearing a n95 shopping... can't imagine doing anything aerobic...in a N95...

That said the spit masks are a different story and less restrictive.

JR

PS: Saw a report that you can sanitize n95 masks in an oven at 160' for 1 hour. My oven only goes down to 170' but it didn't melt the rubber straps, yet. I thought I ordered some new N95s from amazon but kn95s arrived... I already returned them. Either a bait and switch where they changed the description after my order, or a senior moment. Either is possible.
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.