Secret handshakes.

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: Secret handshakes.

Post by JR. »

OK, this one is mechanical not software or electronic, but a secret handshake nonetheless.

In a case of no good deed goes unpunished, I picked up a new set of pedals for neighbor's grandson's bike, when I noticed one was broken. I didn't remove the broken one but could not get the new one started so I removed the good pedal and tried to get a new one started on the good side still no dice. I eyeballed the threads and they were clearly the same pitch and same diameter. :?: :?:

After wasting too much time I decided to use a lifeline, and called the bicycle shop where I bought the pedals for the secret handshake, sure enough, what I did not know and would have seen if I removed the broken left pedal myself, the two pedals alternately have left and right hand threads so the act of pedaling does not loosen them. I only removed the right hand pedal myself so I was unable to attach a pedal to the left side using right handed rotation.

Once I learned the secret handshake it was a simple matter of putting the right pedal on the right side using the correct rotation. Note the left pedal is indicated with a bunch of small lines engraved into the pedal bushing.

:oops: :oops:

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
emrr

Re: Secret handshakes.

Post by emrr »

That's a good one!
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders