RIP JP

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

RIP JP

Post by JR. »

I am saddened to report the passing of a respected forum member and a personal friend. John Petrucelli is no longer with us. He had health problems for years and I thought he had turned the corner, but apparently not.

He is better known as the "P" from APB consoles, but he was the principal engineer behind Crest Consoles before that, and was a kit customer of my old kit company back in the 70s-80s.

He was a rock solid console design engineer and I had many pleasant discussion with him about human factors engineering and the impact of design decisions on console perception. I got to know him pretty well after Peavey bought Crest and I spent time up in NJ.

RIP JP, he left his mark with the many consoles still in use around the world.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Re: RIP JP

Post by mediatechnology »

Thank you JR for letting us know about John.
I really enjoyed the email exchanges I had with him.

John was very gracious letting me use a servo circuit that he had used earlier in an APB console.
When I presented my independently-developed circuit and presented it to THAT it was explained to me that they had seen it before.
Before I could use it it required John's approval.
He didn't hesitate.

I regret he wasn't able to spend more time with us here sharing his knowledge.
JR.

Post by JR. »

When I was up in NJ working at Crest (for Peavey), I would often hang out in JP's office and talk about console design... 8-) I was one of the few guys inside Peavey who knew who Crest was before Peavey bought them, and when I was working up at Crest I would try to explain Peavey to the Crest people.

My one regret was that I was unable to drag them (APB) kicking and screaming into the digital era... Cheap digital consoles eroded their mainstream analog console business. My last project with them was hybrid (digital controlled analog) automatic mixer but their console business went soft before that made it to market.

JR
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Gold

Post by Gold »

R.I.P. I liked Crest consoles for live sound. I remember they were a little noisier than some of the competition but the noise sounded good and clean unlike some others so it was a net plus.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote:I found this obituary for John: http://www.wallingfordfh.com/?pagetype= ... id=1912227
Thanks... The Olga mentioned in the obit was a packaging designer who worked at Crest, before following them to APB.

He will be missed by everyone who knew him.

JR
JR.

Post by JR. »

Great picture of JP...

RIP...

JR