Vinyl: Dallas-based Hand Drawn Records and Pressing

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Vinyl: Dallas-based Hand Drawn Records and Pressing

Post by mediatechnology »

Hand Drawn Pressing is ready to shine a spotlight on North Texas as starts production with the world’s first fully automated vinyl presses, WarmTone™ by Viryl Technologies.

With only 18 vinyl pressing plants functioning today in the United States and 30 worldwide, Hand Drawn’s new 10,000 square foot music destination will produce records with unmatched speed, three times as fast as vintage automated record presses.
The majority of today’s operational pressing plants use equipment dating back to the 1960’s. By launching with all-new fully automated equipment, the team at Hand Drawn hopes to resolve the myriad of issues often cited in the current manufacturing landscape. The new Hand Drawn Pressing vinyl plant will cut pressing time from 16 to 24 weeks, down to six to eight weeks, with the highest sound quality and truest records produced.
http://www.handdrawnrecords.com/hand-dr ... -in-texas/

Gold

Re: Vinyl: Dallas-based Hand Drawn Records and Pressing

Post by Gold »

I asked Dietrich S. about it. He might be a member here. He is involved in the company making the presses. He confirmed Hand Drawn have them and they are running. He said a place called MicroForum is running them and Furnace in VA is setting up with them. He said they have more going on that can't be announced yet. Sounds like it's going well for them. I didn't even know they were in production yet.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Do they contract out their plating and stamping?
Gold

Post by Gold »

I don't know what Hand Drawn does. There are more options for that too. I know two new plating only shops. Pressing and plating capacity has been the issue for a long time. There is room for more pressing capacity with current demand. Even if record sales contract there is still under capacity for pressing.

I liike that the presses use T-slot framing. I love T-slot framing.