Hello All !

Where we discuss new analog design ideas for Pro Audio and modern spins on vintage ones.
godzich

Hello All !

Post by godzich »

Hi,

Stumbled over this forum by mistake and it seemed so interesting that I decided to join. This is my first post just to say hello to you all :)

Being new to the forum I naturally wonder if any of the gurus that have given me inspiration hang around, like Self, Cordell, Stuart, Kolinummi - just to mention a few first that came into my mind? Do anyone of these guys hang around here?

One of my pro audio design goals (never ending spare time lab project) has been to build the ultimate continuous domain power audio amplifier - the best of the best - taking into consideration at the same time practical design constraints not to create a monster. The goal is not to build the straight wire with amplification, but something close enough. This work has continued already for more than 15 years, during which I have read all audio amplifier books and articles I could find to educate myself in this art. I have been creating many novel ideas that tackle known design limitations, of which it would be nice to discuss together with other interested and experienced forum members. Good ideas usually pop up at many locations; for example I created the Class I topology design (or something very similar) even without knowing about its existence!

I'm also a member of the diyAudio forums. How does these two differ? Do people here talk about oxygen free copper cables - or more serious real audio challenges? I have noticed that the diyAdio forum contains lots of discussions where people without enough knowledge about the subject have long unfruitful discussions?

Looking forward towards interesting discussions :)

Cheers,

Christian

PS: I'm located in Helsinki/Finland. My mother tongue is Swedish so pardon me for any language shortcomings.
mediatechnology

Re: Hello All !

Post by mediatechnology »

Stumbled over this forum by mistake and it seemed so interesting that I decided to join. This is my first post just to say hello to you all :)
Thank you for joining us!
Being new to the forum I naturally wonder if any of the gurus that have given me inspiration hang around, like Self, Cordell, Stuart, Kolinummi - just to mention a few first that came into my mind? Do anyone of these guys hang around here?
None of those names that I'm aware of though we do have manufacturers that drop in under alias from time-to-time.

We tend to deal with the production-oriented practical side and not so much on the consumer end. I drop into DIY Audio every once and awhile.

I don't think we've had an oxygen-free discussion either literally, figuratively or technically.
JR.

Re: Hello All !

Post by JR. »

godzich wrote:Hi,

Bob Cordell is a member over at diyAudio, but I'm not. 8-) Doug Self has his own website. Can't say that I recognize the other two gentlemen.
One of my pro audio design goals (never ending spare time lab project) has been to build the ultimate continuous domain power audio amplifier - the best of the best - taking into consideration at the same time practical design constraints not to create a monster. The goal is not to build the straight wire with amplification, but something close enough. This work has continued already for more than 15 years, during which I have read all audio amplifier books and articles I could find to educate myself in this art. I have been creating many novel ideas that tackle known design limitations, of which it would be nice to discuss together with other interested and experienced forum members. Good ideas usually pop up at many locations; for example I created the Class I topology design (or something very similar) even without knowing about its existence!
Amplifiers are a pretty mature technology and far from the weakest link in most audio playback chains.

Class I is a marketing invention from crown for a variant class D amp.
I'm also a member of the diyAudio forums. How does these two differ? Do people here talk about oxygen free copper cables - or more serious real audio challenges? I have noticed that the diyAdio forum contains lots of discussions where people without enough knowledge about the subject have long unfruitful discussions?

Looking forward towards interesting discussions :)

Cheers,

Christian

PS: I'm located in Helsinki/Finland. My mother tongue is Swedish so pardon me for any language shortcomings.
We do not have long conversations about oxygen free copper cables here... :lol: :lol:

Welcome... Perhaps define what you mean by "best of the best... at the same time practical". Those two characteristics could be in opposition to each other.

JR

PS: I kind of like Bruno Putzey's class D amps, but I do not own one.
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.