Masks Are Neither Effective Nor Safe: A Summary Of The Science

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

This article deserves its' own thread.

Article: https://www.technocracy.news/masks-are- ... e-science/

Cached pdf: https://proaudiodesignforum.com/images/ ... cience.pdf
Print this article and hand it to frightened mask wearers who have believed the alarmist media, politicians and Technocrats in white coats. Masks are proven ineffective against coronavirus and potentially harmful to healthy people and those with pre-existing conditions.
My wife and I dined out last night in a very empty restaurant and the young waitress was required to wear a cloth mask. I asked her how she was doing with the mask and if there were any side effects. She related that was consistently short of breath (when away from the table, she lowered the mask below her nose) and that she had actually passed out because of it a few days earlier, taking her straight to the floor. Fortunately, she was not hurt. ⁃ TN Editor
Introduction

At this writing, there is a recent surge in widespread use by the public of facemasks when in public places, including for extended periods of time, in the United States as well as in other countries. The public has been instructed by media and their governments that one’s use of masks, even if not sick, may prevent others from being infected with SARS-CoV-2, the infectious agent of COVID-19.

A review of the peer-reviewed medical literature examines impacts on human health, both immunological, as well as physiological. The purpose of this paper is to examine data regarding the effectiveness of facemasks, as well as safety data. The reason that both are examined in one paper is that for the general public as a whole, as well as for every individual, a risk-benefit analysis is necessary to guide decisions on if and when to wear a mask.
Conclusion: Weighing risks versus benefits of mask use

In the summer of 2020 the United States is experiencing a surge of popular mask use, which is frequently promoted by the media, political leaders and celebrities. Homemade and store-bought cloth masks and surgical masks or N95 masks are being used by the public especially when entering stores and other publicly accessible buildings. Sometimes bandanas or scarves are used. The use of face masks, whether cloth, surgical or N95, creates a poor obstacle to aerosolized pathogens as we can see from the meta-analyses and other studies in this paper, allowing both transmission of aerosolized pathogens to others in various directions, as well as self-contamination.

It must also be considered that masks impede the necessary volume of air intake required for adequate oxygen exchange, which results in observed physiological effects that may be undesirable. Even 6- minute walks, let alone more strenuous activity, resulted in dyspnea. The volume of unobstructed oxygen in a typical breath is about 100 ml, used for normal physiological processes. 100 ml O2 greatly exceeds the volume of a pathogen required for transmission.

The foregoing data show that masks serve more as instruments of obstruction of normal breathing, rather than as effective barriers to pathogens. Therefore, masks should not be used by the general public, either by adults or children, and their limitations as prophylaxis against pathogens should also be considered in medical settings.
There are 42 end note citations supporting the conclusions set forth in this article.
JR.

Re: Masks Are Neither Effective Nor Safe: A Summary Of The Science

Post by JR. »

This is fairly well inspected even n95 masks (the better ones available) do not stop tiny aerosols, but they will easily stop virus laden droplets.

Perfect should not obviate the good...
==
This is getting ratcheted up politically as democrats promote mandated mask use.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
JR.

Post by JR. »

I almost overheated yesterday while string trimming my front rain ditch... I was wearing a spit mask to keep dirt out of my mouth and I suspect that impaired my heat clearance.

JR
JR.

Post by JR. »

I appreciate that some still think mask wearing is a hoax. The Fauci two (three) step makes him harder to trust but apparently real n95 masks are still in short supply for medical community use. Fauci is now advising us civilians to wear two spit masks at the same time. Trust me I'm from the government and here to help you. :lol:

For any interested I have found a source of n95 masks claiming made in USA with NIOSH approval.
https://shop.demetech.us/collections/n9 ... rator-mask

Not as cheap as old 3M n95s were before covid, and more expensive than the ubiquitous KN95 Chinese masks that are everywhere.

JR
mediatechnology

CDC Report: Masks Have Limited Benefit

"The CDC Is About To Be Canceled By Google & Facebook For COVID Heresy"
On Friday afternoon, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (still called the CDC, even though they added a ‘P’) released a heretical report about mask-wearing and COVID-19.

The report, authored by at least a dozen medical doctors, PhD researchers, and, bizarrely, a handful of attorneys, examined how mask mandates across the US affected COVID cases and death rates.

You’d think with all of the media propaganda about mask effectiveness… and all the virtue signaling, with politicians and reporters appearing on live TV wearing masks… that the data would prove incontrovertibly and overwhelmingly that masks have saved the world.

But that’s not what the report says.

According to the CDC’s analysis, between March 1 and December 31 last year, statewide mask mandates were in effect in 2,313 of the 3,142 counties in the United States.

And, looking at the county-by-county data, the CDC concludes that mask mandates were associated with an average 1.32% decrease in the growth rates of COVID-19 cases and deaths during the first 100 days after the mask policy was implemented.

Wait, what? Only 1.32%?

You read that correctly, they didn’t misplace the decimal: according to the federal government agency that is responsible for managing the COVID-1984 pandemic, the difference between mask mandates and no mask mandate is literally just a 1.32% difference.

And bear in mind, it’s entirely possible that the real figure is even lower than that, given all the questionable COVID statistics.

Source: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cdc ... vid-heresy
1.32%
For a virus with a 99.97% (±) survival rate...

But what about the "science?"
CDC Report showing once again you've been lied to: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/ ... 10e3-H.pdf
mediatechnology

Facemasks in the COVID-19 era: A health hypothesis

Facemasks in the COVID-19 era: A health hypothesis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... f/main.pdf
Conclusion

The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.
Stop acting like sheep and take off the damn mask...
JR.

Post by JR. »

Hey, you're slipping.. stanford just published a study about masks questioning their effectiveness...

Twitter has already blocked it. :lol:

JR
mediatechnology

It's posted right above your post. Been there since March 19th.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:47 pm It's posted right above your post. Been there since March 19th.
thanx... I stand corrected....

I got my second jab today so they are killing me slowly.

I heard some speculation that the handful of reported clots were related to accidentally injecting vaccine into a blood vessel during the intra muscular injection.

There is an old school way to avoid that by aspirating (pulling back on the plunger ) to see if you draw blood, before pushing in the vaccine.

WHO and CDC do not advise aspirating IM injections.

This morning I talked with a pretty young nurse taking my vitals and she said aspirating before injection is standard practice. In the next tent the soldiers jabbing me did not pause between the stick and the push... but I guess they are trying to kill me, even though Moderna vax is not indicated in the one per million blood clots.

JR