Mastering Stereo Insert Switcher with Flip Construction Information

Construction information for DIY projects, including the MS Mid Side Matrix, Elliptic Equalizer, Mastering Console, Phono Transfer System, Insert Switcher and the Dual Class-A Amplifier. You can post your baby pictures here.
mediatechnology

Re: Mastering Stereo Insert Switcher with Flip Construction Information

Post by mediatechnology »

Thanks for joining us.

The switcher has 12V relays operating in series to conserve coil power on the 24V supply.
The Flip relays on the left channel are in parallel with each other and in series with the right channel paralleled relays.
D2 is the back-EMF snubber diode for the left channel Flip coils. D3 snubs the right channel Flip relays.
Since flip has has six relays on the control line I suspect Markus, when he designed this board, chose 2 diodes to reduce stress on them.
tmmmmm

Re: Mastering Stereo Insert Switcher with Flip Construction Information

Post by tmmmmm »

Thank you! The parallel/series-configuration gave me quite some challenges. Actually I was wondering about D3, not D2 so thanks for including that. D2 was clear as a flywheel diode, I just didn't get the link of D3 to the right side-Relays. Wonderful! I guessed it's not to elaborate, I just couldn't make any sense of it :)