Mastering Stereo Insert Switcher with Flip Construction Information

Construction information for DIY projects, including the MS Mid Side Matrix, Elliptic Equalizer, Mastering Console, Phono Transfer System, Insert Switcher and the Dual Class-A Amplifier. You can post your baby pictures here.
CitricAcid303

Re: Mastering Stereo Insert Switcher with Flip Construction Information

Post by CitricAcid303 »

Looks great. I was thinking now to put it in a separate case. I got today a used Switcher witch is based on your project.
So a seperate 19 case many 1 he with ins and outs, so you can use it also for other settings.
Attachments
IMG_0054.jpeg
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Who made that unit?

I'd love to send them referrals. Have seen similar on Reverb.

If you have contact info that would be great. I may be able to refer other custom work to them.
Leanlowkey

Post by Leanlowkey »

I’m new to this so pardon my probably stupid question. But say I bought an assembled board. Is all I have to do at that point would be hook up the switches i want to use and a PSU? Or what else would be needed
mediatechnology

Thanks for joining us!

Yes, a power supply and switches would be needed.
The other item you would need for an assembled board would be the D connector breakout cable for the external devices you're going to insert which you can build or buy from Amazon and others.
CitricAcid303

Post by CitricAcid303 »

mediatechnology wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:50 am Who made that unit?

I'd love to send them referrals. Have seen similar on Reverb.

If you have contact info that would be great. I may be able to refer other custom work to them.
Hi, will send you a pm with contact data soon.
Leanlowkey

Post by Leanlowkey »

mediatechnology wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:21 am Thanks for joining us!

Yes, a power supply and switches would be needed.
The other item you would need for an assembled board would be the D connector breakout cable for the external devices you're going to insert which you can build or buy from Amazon and others.
any links or recommendations on a power supply?
mediatechnology

There's a meta thread on power supplies here you might want to bookmark. https://proaudiodesignforum.com/forum/p ... php?t=1123

I would follow the link to the Meanwell and take a look at the 24V 25W or 50W enclosed switchers.

Another alternative is a common 24V desktop brick supply with a barrel connector for the DC.
Leanlowkey

Post by Leanlowkey »

awesome for all the info.

Looking to purchase the mastering insert switcher. torn between just getting a brick supply or the Meanwell RT-50C Triple Output Supply or Meanwell PD-2515. which one is recomended for use with in just one switcher. maybe 2 switchers in the future? and are the meanwells that are the brick supply would you wire those up to a IEC connector to plug into the wall?
mediatechnology

Leanlowkey wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:04 pm awesome for all the info.

Looking to purchase the mastering insert switcher. torn between just getting a brick supply or the Meanwell RT-50C Triple Output Supply or Meanwell PD-2515. which one is recomended for use with in just one switcher. maybe 2 switchers in the future? and are the meanwells that are the brick supply would you wire those up to a IEC connector to plug into the wall?
The store has been up and down all day while I attempt an upgrade so I apologize if you tried to buy one and couldn't.

If you're just going to run two fully-loaded inserts a 25W supply would be enough. You don't need the +/-15V rails just a single 24V output. Look at this one: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/709-RS25-24

The desktop 24V brick supplies are like laptop supplies and are fully enclosed with a line cord and DC power cable. That might be the best option all-around.
tmmmmm

Post by tmmmmm »

I'm currently studying the quite compact layout of the circuit and I was wondering, what's the purpose of D2, which is connected to the +Pin of the Flip-Relays.